Mr. Md. Imamunur Rahman is a law academic with nearly a decade of experience in teaching law at the undergraduate level. He commenced his tenure at Z. H. Sikder University of Science and Technology in 2014 and currently holds the position of Assistant Professor in the Department of Law. Within this capacity, he imparts knowledge on various subjects including Constitutional Law of Bangladesh, Constitutional Law of the UK, USA, and India, as well as Company Law as part of the undergraduate program.
Mr. Rahman pursued his higher education at the esteemed University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh, where he achieved both his undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Law. Additionally, he possesses an LLB (Honours) from London Metropolitan University, UK, and an LLM in Commercial and Maritime Law from the University of Hertfordshire, UK. His LLM dissertation extensively explores the obligations and legal responsibilities of directors in the context of corporate insolvency, drawing comparisons between England and Bangladesh.
Beyond his academic pursuits, Mr. Rahman assumes the role of Founding Vice President at the Center for Human Rights Education, a non-registered organization dedicated to advancing human rights through education, training, research, and promotional endeavors in rural regions of Bangladesh. Concurrently, he actively contributes to the ZHSUST Human Rights Outreach Program as a staff member.
Furthermore, Mr. Rahman practices law as an Advocate. He holds the position of Founding Chairman at Munshi & Associates Ltd, a reputable firm providing legal and consultancy services in Dhaka. Through this venture, he offers comprehensive legal guidance to individuals and corporations across diverse areas, particularly assisting financial institutions and banks in debt recovery.
In addition to his extensive involvement in legal and human rights initiatives, Mr. Rahman co-founded the Society for Amelioration of Rural Communities and Households (SARCH), a recently established NGO committed to enhancing the living conditions of rural areas in Bangladesh through diligent research and comprehensive efforts.
Mr. Rahman has a keen interest in comparative constitutional law, and is currently researching on the constitutional amendments.
• LLM in Commercial and Maritime Law, University of Hertfordshire, UK
• LLM, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh
• LLB (Hons), London Metropolitan University, UK
• LLB (Hons), University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh
• Constitutional Law of Bangladesh
• Constitutional Law of UK, USA and India
• Company Law
• Medical Jurisprudence
• Constitutional law
• Company law
• Law of contract
• Chairman, Health, Safety and Environment Committee, 29 Mar 2023 – Present
• Chairman, Terrorism Prevention Committee, 29 Mar 2023 – Present
• Member Secretary, Disciplinary Committee, 01 Mar 2021 – Present
• Member Secretary, Narcotics Control Committee, 29 Mar 2023 – Present
• Member Secretary, Anti-Ragging Committee, 29 Mar 2023 – Present
• Member, Examinations Committee, 29 Mar 2023 – Present
• Member, Procurement and Sales Committee, 29 Mar 2023 – Present
• Member, Estate Committee, 29 Mar 2013 – Present
• Member, Promotional Committee, 29 Mar 2013 – Present
• Member, Freshers Reception Organising Committee, 29 Mar 2013 – Present
• Member, Departmental Academic Committee, 20 Sep 2014 – Present